Sweet summertime

                     This is my desktop picture right now.

Man, I've enjoyed this summer. Crazy to think that already a good portion of it has gone by. When many people ask what I've been doing all this time, I don't have too much to say, but it has been more than worth it to take the time off. What have I been able to do? Travel to both Texas and Florida(and see both the farm and the beach!), play lots of games, read lots of books, have a lot of time in nature, see some good friends, practice my Spanish. Just to be able to relax and laze through the summer and at the same time have God provide all of my needs anyway just proves to me that this is what I was supposed to do. I say a lot of time has gone by, and it has, but I still have a sweet month of summer left. Who knows what adventures lay before me?

I've also had a lot of time to reflect. And while I haven't utilized all that time, as I was thinking tonight, I looked back over this blog. And I have to say that God has been working a lot in me these past couple of years. It's really encouraging, especially to such a goal-driven person as myself, to see that while I may not be able to see any drastic changes in myself at the moment, God has been molding me into his image. I easily forget how important the basics are: God's faithfulness, prayer, the Bible, my sinfulness, God's provision. This post after my summer Japan really sums it all up. Some other highlights: Taking Captive Every ThoughtI'm-alive/ Awesome-bookThe World Will Hate You

And I forget sometimes what I learned Spring 2010: The more we become like Christ, the more we see our sin. And the more we realize how much we need Christ. And I keep on coming upon this. I keep on coming upon my inability to be that holy and loving person I want to be without him. Thank him that he always provides what we need. Just need to stop being such a bonehead and actually take it.

Comments