Japanese Radio Drama: タマホームプレゼンツ マイドリーム 大作戦!


In summer 2010, I worked an 8-5 office job. It was really easy; didn't take a lot of thought. So I brought along my iPod to keep myself occupied. One of the programs I found for Japanese is タマホームプレゼンツ  マイドリーム 大作戦!(English: Tama Home Presents: My Dream Great Strategy). I found it through iTunes here, though you can also listen to it online at Cross fm.

Story summary:

My Dream is a drama following a dating couple. Miyo is the excited/crazy girlfriend and Hiroki is the more laid-back boyfriend. They work as really good foils for each other and make things interesting as they decide what they want to do with their lives. Miyo has this grand strategy to get married and settle down. Everything, of course, revolves around getting this wonderful mansion home from Tama Home, but that's because it was produced by that real estate company - something you can easily ignore.

Japanese learning:

It's actually pretty easy to follow for a beginner/intermediate Japanese language learner, though I noticed when I started listening to it again this week that it was much easier to understand after a couple more years of study. Basically, if you want to practice listening to Japanese, it's good because it has a lot of everyday language. It's also only 5 minutes per each episode, so you won't get overwhelmed if you're not used to listening to so much.

How this blog will help you:

After things die down a bit with school, I'm going to start putting up a script of each episode(with English at the bottom). It'll be good practice for me and hopefully help out other Japanese learners. Until then, get excited ;-)

Comments