Losing things

So I'm a few days into what I think will be an awesomely spectacular summer. It'll be so awesome,  because I'll (hopefully) get to do what I want and not have to stress too much. That is still the mindset that I have, although for the last couple of days, it sure hasn't felt that way. The episode I'm about to describe to you shouldn't have been so bad, but it felt that way.

So Saturday afternoon, after seeing Aeisha as she was packing for Costa Rica, I went to buy some things for mi madre at Wal Mart. Coming out to the car, I was having some trouble juggling my wallet, this orchid, and a card, and in the middle of all of that I thought I put my wallet in my purse, put the card on the seat, and buckled in the orchid. On the way home, both my mom and bro called me and I pulled over to talk to them (because I don't trust Kelsey digging for her phone while driving). I dug through my purse to talk to them; didn't see anything amiss. Drove the rest of the way home.

Fastforward to Sunday morning. I was thinking about taking mom out, so I looked for my wallet. Nowhere to be found. Look for it for at least a full twenty minutes, looking through both my purses, the table. Nothing. So eventually, I end up giving up and go with mom and Ben to church after they realize that if I can't find my wallet, I really can't drive to meet them (without the risk of getting caught/arrested). So we pray in Sunday school. Mom's Sunday School prayed for us as well. I felt very thankful and everyone thought that we'd find it.

After a humongous lunch at Longhorn's, I went into my food coma(even worse than usual, because it was a Sunday) and slept for a number of hours I will not disclose here. ;-) I didn't really want to look before crashing, so I searched after waking up. To no avail. Later on in the evening, after already calling Wal Mart and them telling me that they don't have it, we made doubly sure by driving by. Nope, still not there. We now think maybe I dropped it there.

Somewhere along the line, I got really frustrated. I mean, I know that God isn't my heavenly GPS or anything. He's not obligated to show me everything I've ever lost. But my wallet? That had cash, an ID, and a debit card in it. It was so frustrating to not be able to find anything.

Then I gave up, and Monday, we decided to go get a new license, new debit card, and file a police report, just in case anything turned up. Firstly, that meant I needed to find important documents proving I was me. Let's just say I'm really bad with putting things in a smart place. We had to find stuff from two-years-ago Kelsey. Where would she put this? Even finding that took a long time. Augh, why do I have to be so scatter-brained? Just look at my missing shoes blog from last year: http://strawberrysushibites.blogspot.com/2010/08/shoe-story.html Yes, my head's in the sky a whole lot.

So the new license was a bust. After putting in all that effort, the DMV is closed on Mondays XD Picture me and my brother going all the way across town to go there and having to turn all the way back, and you'd be spot on. The bank run worked well, though, and the woman who helped me was so nice. Too bad I'll have to wait on the debit card to come in the mail, but I guess I don't need to be spending money anyway...

Going to the Sheriff's Office to give the report was the most interesting part. It took us awhile to find it(which we did with mom's awesome librarying skills) and after going to the edge of the county, we found out that the Sheriff's Office happens to be right beside the county jail. When Ben and I drove up, there was a sheriff with two prisoners going off in a pickup (in our county's old-style prison uniforms- grey and white striped suits and hats). One of the prisoners wore sunglasses. I got out alone, because there were no parking spaces and Ben didn't want anything happening to his car Chipotle(Chipotle waits for no man!). At first I was scared I was walking in the wrong building! But it was fine. A deputy who seemed to be shaking his head about the whole ordeal (and how much effort I was putting into it) took me back with him to their offices(rather normal-looking, actually) and in a nondescript room, took down the details and gave me a case report.

One last piece of the puzzle: the license. Today, after I went to school with Ben, he took me to the DMV. It was, thank God, open. And who did I see but a pastor friend's daughter. And then the pastor himself sat down, too, and we all caught up on the other family's life. It was truly a blessing to see them. And then I had $5 for the card, but come to find out, I actually needed $15 more for a true replacement. Good thing Ben had picked up $2 off the ground the day before, because he had exactly $15 in his wallet. God provided.

Quite a nerve-wracking ordeal, but in all of this, I learned three things:

1. Keep up with my things better!!!!!!!!!!!
2. God will provide what we need
3. God uses crazy circumstances to bring about what he wants
    a. Including growing us
    b. Including bringing us to meet people we wouldn't have otherwise

Comments