Sun on Sunday!


Today was pretty good. I loved the sunny skies! This morning, instead of taking the bus to Koganei Park, I walked with half of our group(saved me a buck and the bus is really small anyway). We were exactly on time, so it all worked out. Actually got there before the head missionary. An acapella team from California is here for a few weeks, so they sang for us in worship. Really classic. Sang some gospel stuff. Aeisha, kind of reminded me of some of the songs in that one play I went to at your church.

After church, my team set up our tarp near a young family(ton at the park). There was a blanket that was just left beside us and these giant ravens we see all around Tokyo started trying to take their trash and food. It was crazy. We tried to scare them away, but eventually we just gave up. The one that stayed around got a tupperware container that had some hotdogs in it. It tried to fly with it and peck at it, it was so funny! While Rebecca and I weren't looking, Caleb gave the hotdogs to it! I had my first sushi here- ironically from a convenience store- and onigiri.
We heard someone playing a saxophone, and since R&C are musically inclined, we went over to talk to him. Good English. A Buddhist. Had a good talk, although I don't think we made any headway. Mentioned his knowledge of Chr.: that it's in a war with Islam. He also politely refused anything we wanted to tell or give him. I hope that we'll be able to better answer questions from Buddhists.

After that we came back to the spot where most others stayed. Played a lot of frisbee with a few of the interns and a girl named Yukiko. Then some get-to-know-you games, rest from the sun, and an ice cream trip. We saw a missionary family and saw that they had a sled. Thomas asked for it for the day- and then the ice cream group had a ton of fun on a fake grass slope.
More hanging out back at the spot we have "claimed" at the park. At around 4, Caleb and I left for Tachikawa to meet a few people for an evangelistic bible study. Long story short, there was a lot of miscommunication and the one guy we did meet we met 15 minutes late because Caleb was standing on the third level of McD's(at station level) and that guy was on the ground level(where I assumed C would be). So we didn't have bible study. Bahh!!!
Anyway, the day was all right. I'm just disappointed about this evening.

Comments