Friday at Tachikawa...

So, yesterday, Rebekah and I met the Mobile team again for distribution and five minute English(Caleb met another team somewhere else). Distribution was fun! I think we covered a lot of area, too. As always, we saw a lot of interesting houses and other such things out on the field. Japanese are so creative, although I also love their traditional houses. Buddy says that orders come in everyday for the Hope video.
Sonya decided to come join us, because we were planning to meet with Haedan that night for dinner. My half of the team met with her to eat lunch. We found Le Chat Noir, basically a sandwich shop. I had hot chocolate and a ham and cucumber sandwich. Sonya and I told Angela and her brother Jeff about ourselves and the ministry here in Tokyo.
I didn't think that the team could make it standing for four hours, so we had another hour of whatever you wanted to do. Angela found a yukata(summer kimono) shop, and so that's what we girls in the group did. She actually found herself one that looked really pretty. While she was trying it on and finding all of the accessories, Haedan texted me: she was very ill and wouldn't be able to make it that night. I think that it's something spiritual that happened there; I haven't been able to meet with my friends the past couple of days! Sonya and I prayed for her.
Then it was five minute English. I was on the south side with most of the college students. At first, I wasn't even holding up a sign(just praying, b/c Jessica forgot her sign), and a couple of people kept on coming up to me! This creepy guy who looked very shaky and nervous and maybe one other. A couple of people also came to the others after I switched to the middle, like these schoolgirls.
Later, I saw a man just walking slowly by us; I got him to stop and talk with me. We talked so long, some of the volunteers left for another event. I gave him the Steps and a gospel of John. He knew a little about greek, like random words like logos. I hope that he goes to our website at least, because I couldn't give him my business card and he said he didn't have a phone.
My Bhutanese friend practiced her English with me. Right at the end, a couple of schoolgirls(who I would've sworn were in junior high, but said they were in high school) talked with Alex, who was the last one with me. Said they went to a Christian school.
After waiting around for bible study people(none came), those who were left went to WA-TAMI, a really nice Japanese restaurant. You even took off your shoes and sat in a lowered room from where the waiter was. We got a party table because there were eight of us; it seems we always get the special stuff when we go out together. We all ordered different things, but in the end, decided to share it all. It was good: gyoza(dumplings), squid, cheese, tonkatsu salad, horse meat, and a cook-your-own shrimp/beef dish. I wish that the Mobile team was staying longer. Rebekah and I had scouted out this restaurant the other day to bring new Japanese friends, so we had to try it out to make sure before we brought some, you know?I think that this restaurant was a great choice for friendship parties.

Later on today, I'll be doing a special blog post showing you around the cave, but first, I think I'm going to do some exploring! Gotta love off days! It was fun talking to a good bit of my famberly earlier. Love you guys.

Comments

  1. horse meat? the food places seem interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. horse...horse meat...all...all the pretty ponies...horse meat...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment