First ministry day with the girls and Wacky Wednesday

Yesterday got off to a nice start- a quick little run to the park, around, and back. Then Sumiyo made us breakfast- lettuce, tomato, egg, and toast. Very nice! I completely forgot about all of that when we met up and had our weekly krispy kreme meeting. We then took the girls to Chuo rather late, and eventually had lunch with A and Ha. They met the Ks. I got to share about Jesus with A, through telling about my refocus over the weekend and studying Isaiah. I hope that something got through, though she didn't seem very interested.
Then we went to Showa Park- very nice, although the free part is nothing compared to what's behind its interior walls, if the map is in any shape accurate. We then did pretty unsuccessful five minute English. Bummer. Talked to an Indonesian lady for a couple of minutes, but after that, not much of anything.
Saizeriya! Squid in oil, drenched in Tabasco! A little much on my mouth, but fun. Found a Christian book store! It was closed, but I can't wait to go back when it's open sometime.

This morning, we must have left the house after ten thirty, after jogging and having a great breakfast of cereal, honeydew melon, and salad. Rebekah went to go meet a woman for the afternoon, and everyone else had an off day, so I was on my own in Tachikawa. I spent most of the day prayerwalking/exploring south of the station. I went so far as to find the next stop on the Tama Monorail, Shibasaki Taiikukan, and followed a stream east all the way over to Kunitachi. Needless to say, a lot of Tachikawa got prayed over and my feet hurt. Near the end of my time prayerwalking I saw a building that said Iesu Kirisuto on it and got excited for a second, but the steeple don't lie: it was a Mormon church. Why'd they have to throw their mess into the mix?
I didn't know what to do with myself for the rest of the day, so I hung out at Starbucks and McDonalds. Later, I went to Hachioji and met up with the team there. Talked to a couple of creepy males of varying ages...but maybe fruit will come.
I've been studying a lot more of the Bible than usual the past couple of days; it's been really good, been highlighting like crazy. Just been reaffirming the basics: God is in control, we need him to do anything,and the gospel has power. Went through the end of Isaiah and now the letters to the Corinthians.
So a couple of slow days, but hopefully things will pick up. I know for sure that I'm enjoying homestay life.

Comments

  1. Hey Sweetie! Can you e-mail me a good address to send letters to? I can;t find your old one now, and I am not sure if you would get it anyway.
    Love mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment