Working Out More Does Not Equal Eat More - 20 by 30 Week 2

Well, I finished week 2 of this thing and week 1 of The Military Diet. I liked last week. Felt like I was getting into a better food rhythm. Results? I lost 1 lb. 

Food Goals:
  • Follow the Military Diet Day 1-3 - Check! Days 1-2 were fine for me if I could stay distracted. The afternoons after a sparse lunch were not the best. By day 3 I was pretty miserable, but the diet rewards you at night with a scoop of ice cream, so that helps to tamp down the cravings. I felt accomplished though keeping to the diet.
  • 1500 calories Day 4-7 - Fail. Did maintain fewer calories in than out.
Favorite breakfast: Chex and greek yogurt - 322 calories. Simple, sweet, and filling

Favorite lunch: Santa Fe Style Chicken Salad, Strawberry and Yogurt Parfait (gas station food) - 454 calories. Loved the variety. Felt like a fat person meal lol.

Favorite dinner: Jerk chicken taco, with chorizo green chile queso & chips - 676 calories. Loved that it was normal food, but not too filling

Here's a chart that shows the comparison of Calories In vs. Calories Out. Calories in = food I ate. Calories out = excercise and calories I used up passively. CI-CO shows the deficit. Overall I ate less and had more of a deficit than last week. Of course, the first 3 days being around 900 calories or less will help with that. My activity levels were pretty similar though. And the last four days of the week I was basically just maintaining, not having enough of a calorie deficit to make a difference. If I ate less those days that I really exerted myself, I could have lost more.

























Workout Goal:
  • Work out 3 times a week
    • 3 times this week: 
      • Thursday - Clean up and recovery work (pulling branches)
      • Friday - Walking around a college campus
      • Saturday -Hiking (the active minutes seem off on that one -phone apps...)
  • 30 minutes of walking a day
    • Every day but Sunday (my rest day) = win! Most days doubled that.

Here's hoping this week I lose another pound or two and that next week's vacation doesn't make me gain that weight back...

Comments