It's all about love, love, love, love, love

"Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never ends." 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8a

I so need to figure out this love thing. No, not the romantic kind, although that would be nice, too. No, I mean the love you give to your friends, to random people on the street, the love you give to God. I mean, the whole law- everything that God told his people to do- rests on loving God and loving people, so that's something one wants to get down.

This is what Jesus said: "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself."(Luke 10:27)  And yet, I know in with my own body, with my own mind, with my own soul, I'm just not living right. I try to love my friends, but many times I just end up putting everything back to myself- my selfish nature takes over. I'd just rather do what's easy for me than help a friend.  Love is not such an easy thing as I thought. Definitely not after you're having a bad day or you're tired or what-have-you.

But love is not like this python program(yes I really am doing this- try it out, it really works):

def falseLove():
print "To love or not love? What should you do? This program will help you decide."
person = raw_input("Who are you interacting with?")
          love = "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and(your) %s as yourself." %person
          selfish = "Do what you want."
           day = raw_input("How was your day?Enter good or bad.")
           if day == "good":
                   print love
          if day =="bad":
                   print selfish


If you have a bad day, you should still love. You don't get off the hook. I mean, if God only loved us when he felt good, he wouldn't have saved us. If on earth Jesus only loved us when things were easy,then no one would be saved from their sins. "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13

No, love is more like this:

def love():
print "To love or not love? What should you do? This program will help you decide."
           person = raw_input("Who are you interacting with?")
          love = "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and (your) %s as yourself." %person
           day = raw_input("How was your day?Enter good or bad.")
           if day == "good" or day == "bad":
                   print love

Jesus did this- he always loved. He set the example, and through the Holy Spirit's power I know that I can do this.  I know I'll still have bad days, but I keep on striving towards the goal. And never forget about grace. Give me the power, Jesus, to be selfless and humble like you were on earth and how you are even now!

Comments

Post a Comment