Fragile jars of clay


Lord, work through us I pray,
We fragile jars of clay.
Work through us I pray,
And guide us everyday.

We are seeking your face;
and each day need your grace.
So work through us-
And we will shine upon this place.

______________

I wrote this yesterday. In my devotional today, I came upon these verses(from which most people know the phrase jars of clay):
2 Corinthians 4:8-9
"7But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us. 8We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; 9persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed"

It's amazing how God brought this to me today, because I really just read a random page in a devotional. And yet it was there. Father is really bringing home to me my fragility and need to really rely on him. Every day. Every moment. 

Sure I can do things on my own. People do that everyday. But to actually be the most loving friend and daughter, to be the best student, to be the person I can be, I must rely on God. Because I am imperfect- and prone to failure. But God never fails. He's with us in the hard stuff as well as when everything is going ok.

There are so many things in my future that seem so hard to me and are really up in the air. I can worry about them and give myself a lot of stress, or I can trust in God and be at peace. Because God works all things for the good of those who loves him.

Thank you God, that we are jars of clay. Thank you for letting us know that we have to rely on you- whether we know it or not- and that we can rely on you.

Comments