Ironing out, winding down

So these last couple of days have been slow, but busy at the last time. We did team debriefing Monday and the final debriefing Tuesday. Tuesday night, the two other girls who stayed at the homestay, Rebekah, and I ate dinner with our host moms. We had Chinese on the seventh or eighth floor of one of the malls at our station. It took a while to find it, but the one we chose had a great view of the city and station that we had been working in. As usual, we were stuffed to the brim with great food. And it was great to be able to spend some quality time with Sumiyo. Then ice cream and Sumiyo's niece joined us. It was sad that we didn't get to speak with Sumiyo more about spiritual things.
I'm now writing this on the eve of my trip back home. It's going to be great to see my family! It's been great just hanging out with the other interns. I'm so going to miss them and the others I've made here. But my time for my American life to continue has come. I think when I've had more time to think about this trip, I'll write more about it. But wow, ten weeks here in Japan. I feel pretty comfortable here. And yet have we been here that long?
Leaving for the airport at six AM.

Comments