Hey, it's supposed to be calm before the storm!

Saturday night was fun. Got to talk with Celia a lot and share a bit of life with her. I thought that more people would bring their friends. As it was, I'm sure many people's friends were like my other friends; they had a test or something that day. We were left by Caleb and Rebekah; I thought we were supposed to meet at 4:45, but it was 4:30. But we caught up with them at the bus station in Musashi Koganei. The bus ride to Higashi Kurume took forever!
The actual party was fun. Had a couple of silly games, like telephone. Sang some gospel songs. Had a couple of testimonies. In the middle of one, I got a call from Kimiko Yamaguchi, the crazy Catholic lady from Friday. We set up an appointment to meet on Sunday at 5 PM. Too bad I missed missionary B saying his testimony in Japanese.
After talking a while with everybody, Celia and I left. We took the Keio line to the JR subway to Nishi Kokubunji. Much quicker, although it was louder.

Sunday, Caleb invited me to go to the Interfriends English club after church with him and Michael. Church itself was great. We studied Acts 18. Talked about how God can and does still give people visions. And about seekers and about frustrations. Good stuff.
The club was interesting. It was one stop north from Hachioji on the Keio line. After introductions, we talked about a lot of subjects. These people are very fluent and know how to talk about many things. We got to introduce the gospel and each told our testimonies. Lots of comments about harmony with nature/religious harmony. I don't think we convinced anyone of anything, but I hope that seeds will be planted. Since there were three of us, we each could take different questions, so that was nice.
I got back to Tachikawa early, because I think when we said we needed to leave at 4:00, they automatically thought 3:50. It's ok. Got to look at a supermarket and get two free rice/meat samples. I'm simple like that.
Yamaguchi-san(61 yrs old) found me sitting on the circle in front of the north gate. Being with her was an experience, that's for sure. Before going to a coffee place, we had to make a stop at the local pachinko parlor, where she had apparently won a ton of those steel balls. At first, I thought that she wanted me to play with her, thanks be to God she didn't.
Then she took me to Le Chat Noir. I'd been there once before. She bought us both ice cream. I don't think either of us knew how big they would be. They could have fed six people each, with everyone satisfied. I dutifully downed mine though. Forgot to take a picture. Well, when it came to actual Bible study, she couldn't read the Luke/Acts Bible I had for her, because the print was too fine for her. So I tried to read to her in Japanese. Nope. English. Nope. I explained to her the first verse. Better. But it just went downhill from there. Gave her a tract that she could apparently read, but she later gave it back to me. Had her keep another one. Her husband came later. I don't know that he really likes what she's up to with me. Wrote their address down and gave it to me. I don't even know mine.
Anyway, after she showered me with small gifts, I left her and headed home. At home, Toshiki-san helped me with my computer problem. He took my plug to Bic Camera and got a new one for me. So now I'm back to typing on my own computer. Yaya!
Rebekah and I chose a stupid movie to watch last night:Passengers. Don't watch it. The whole movie, we were wondering when the story would pick up.
So now, I'm thinking of going over to Harajuku and getting a bracelet like the rest of my crew. You can get anything engraved on it.
Tomorrow, the Texas Super Summer crowd comes in, although we will see them on Wednesday for the first time. It's going to be crazy. Every station will have a team and we'll be doing different stuff than we have the whole summer. My station only got one team this whole summer, so it'll be something to get used to.
Anyway, heading out.

Comments