Happy news, sad goodbyes

Tuesday was our last ministry day with the Super Summer Brown Trek. We only did five minute English. Talked to a lot of people, including a couple that went to our parties that night. Before I get to that, good news:
Two 15 year old girls received Christ at our station- their names are Yuna and Seina. Rebecca, one of the Brown Trek girls, was letting them read through the Hope tract in Japanese to themselves, because they didn't really speak English. I went over there and it seemed like they didn't understand anything, so I went through it again in Japanese. After a lot of questions and coaxing and testing, they accepted Christ, and said that he was in their hearts. They might have just done it to please me, but I'm praying that's not the case.
We had invited a lot of people to our friendship parties- we had so many volunteers that we split up into two groups. My group went to Jonathan's. Unfortunately, it was more of a sayonara dinner- nobody showed up for us. One guy was with the other half at Denny's and two guys who had been invited randomly found me as I left Jonathan's, so I brought them the whole 20 minute walk to see their friends. Nothing stupendous happened that night, but the day more than made up for it.

Today was the last morning worship and the last time to see our team before they left for the airport. So sad! They were lots of fun!
After that, I went with a bunch of other interns to a sukiyaki place- my first time. Basically, it's all you can eat for 90 minutes. The food itself is meat and vegetables that you cook yourself, every few people have one pot of boiling oil that you share. It was good!
Before

During

After

Michael, Caleb, and I went shopping and talking with Takahito today. It was fun. He said that he had read some of the gospel of John we gave him, but not too much came of that. We talked about similar likes, and looked in a book store, a music store, and an electronics store.

I got to get the most awesome phone charm in the world:

So tomorrow is when we all climb Mt. Fuji. I'm only halfway prepared, but we leave tomorrow at 4:15, so I have time to look for a few more supplies. I'm excited and scared at the same time!

Comments