Good rainy day

Monday was fun. I did indeed get my bracelet from Harajuku. Extra friendship points for the first person to figure out what it means in English.

After meetings, I played my first game of Phase 10 and watched half of Braveheart. Gotta love hanging out with the interns!
We got to wake up all extra late today, because we weren't going to campus. Instead, Rebekah and I met Katie at the station, and then we looked around for friendship party locations for the high school team coming in. We ate at McDonald's for lunch. I actually got a happy meal with a teriyaki burger, but chose the most random and silly toy.
We decided to go to Musashi Sakai for the afternoon for whatever reason. Three other teams were there: the Higashi Koganei, Nishi Kokubunji, and, of course, Musashi Sakai. I stood with James for a good portion of the time. I only talked to one little girl. She was so cute. Spoke very little English.
Took a little break at 4:30. I then prayerwalked in the pouring rain(fun while you're trying to read from the Bible and hold an umbrella). More 5 Minute English.
I ate with the family again tonight. It was fun. I did notice that she gave me less food, but it was still enough or more than enough: hamburg steak, salad, miso soup, shrimp and onion tempura, peppers, egg, and toast. And like I said, it was less than before. Of course, many of the things were smaller portioned.
I have to get up really early tomorrow to leave the house at six; we're going to the Tokyo International Hostel to pick up our Super Summer team and bring them to orientation. We get the Brown team. Yay!

Comments