"51th Joint Concert" and Sunday worship

Saturday was very relaxing and fun. I ate breakfast with Rebekah before she went off, but hung around the house for most of the day. Got to hear some classics blaring from the downstairs stereo- like "The Way You Love Me." Toshi gets the weekend off, so I got to see him. We had lunch after one- a very good Chahan, which is Chinese fried rice with meat, corn, and other vegetables and miso soup. Really nice to be able to eat and talk with Toshi and Sumiyo.
After lunch, I took a siesta. Rebekah woke me up from it with a text, and I got ready for the concert. She broke her camera on the way to:
Chuo University's "51th Joint Concert" at the Tama Center Parutenon- a veeery nice place. I had no idea Tama Center was such a cool city. Where we were, the shopper's paradise that led to the partenon, was above street level. They built a whole second level, street included, for pedestrians. It was sweet.The Parutenon itself was at the end of the second level street- at first Rebekah and I thought we'd have to climb up those stairs in the middle, but the big concert hall was on the same level we were walking on- and for that, our lungs were thankful.
There were so many different groups singing and playing instruments that night- our group of four- Caleb, Michael, Rebekah, and I- only stayed through the swing band. The reason we came was that a couple of our new friends were to be in the concert- we saw them. I thought that they were going to singin German, but in fact it was Japanese, although the style was very European. One of the songs was about forgetting something. Wasureta is a word I've recently learned.
After taking a look at the Hello Kitty Castle(I couldn't resist it- but don't worry, we didn't actually go in), we headed home, and Rebekah and I had McD's and KK.

As you can tell, we are really struggling over here. We watched Taken on iTunes rental- a very useful and instant tool. Had to have ice cream- it's a rule, you know? This week, we watched Knight's Tale on Thursday, Cinderella story on Friday, and then Taken. All times, we had to eat something.
This morning, we were supposed to run, but that came to nothing. Had a good time at park church. We talked about Luke 8:4-15. I also got to mention one of my verses for this summer: Ezekiel 3:27- "But when I speak with you, I will open your mouth, and you shall say to them, 'Thus says the Lord GOD.' He who will hear, let him hear; and he who will refuse to hear, let him refuse, for they are a rebellious house." People will(and have) refused to hear, but it's on them, not us.
After doner kebab in a pita, CC Lemon, and watermelon ice cream, we decided to head back to the church spot. I basically hung out there the rest of the afternoon. God even used me there. Takako(as I later found out her name) has two children, and they kept on playing around us, probably because they found us interesting, but also because they found the concrete thing we were sitting on interesting. Finally, I got up the courage to speak to her. I forgot I was wearing our "Jesus' love to you" shirt, but after pulling out the trusty dictionary(and learning that kai means organization) we started a conversation. She said that she was interested in Christianity- even had Mary and Jesus on her cell phone wallpaper. Long story short, I introduced her to Dustin for a Bible study(since he is on the Higashi Koganei team) and he had the idea to contact Kim, one of the missionaries about having a Bible study, since Takako didn't understand much English. So now Kim has her number and talked with her a bit, so pray that God will really bless this seed. God is amazing for using little children to draw someone to one of his followers- someone who had already been researching on her own Christianity.
Had dinner with Toshi, Sumiyo, and Sumiyo's mother. Fun- too much though- she smothers me with kindness. Had two croquettes, boiled ham, salad, boiled vegetables, tofu, and rice. 本当にごちそうさまでした。It was truly a feast. I think that I'm going to gain back those ten pounds I lost last month- and then some. Haha.

Comments