Slow, good day

So, it was just Caleb and me today- Rebekah's day off.
Campus: Prayerwalked- found new ways around the school. Talked to a couple of guys interested in talking to foreign students. They saw me taking a picture of an ad for cheerleading- it randomly had Obama on it. After eating lunch(tempura and some strange but good curry meet) with the three we met on Tuesday(plus one), Caleb and I went to go find the English club. After a couple of wrong floors(the second floor on the map is called the third on the building, etc.), we found it. They were very inviting. After introducing ourselves, we played that game with two truths and a lie. I find I'm very good at lying to people speaking their second language(although I fooled Caleb, too, haha). Had them convinced I played the tuba in marching band in high school. Don't know if that's a good thing or not, haha.
After that, we prayed around Tachikawa. Did about an hour of five minute English. Talked to two people, one of them working at an English school we were unaware we were standing in front of. The Japanese guy seemed really interested in what we had to say. He had very good English because he lived in Kansas for two years. We hope to see him again.
I was so busy reading Piercing the Darkness and listening to my iPod on the train that I went to Ogikubo, two stops beyond Kichijoji, where I transfer to go to Shibuya. It was all good, though, because you can just stand on the train platform and wait for the next train the other way- you don't have to swipe your card and get it charged.
I like to go different ways home. I found that under the famous Shibuya crossing is a subway. I went to Book Off(a used media store) again after finding my way out of that. Very cheap manga. I could hardly resist browsing again, although the selection(all in Japanese) is very tempting. Saw a really nice version of the Kenshin manga- maybe I'll buy one, we'll see. A lot of people just read manga in there rather than buying- more so than in the states.
Good day. Sitting here watching Diary of a Mad Black Woman.

Comments

  1. cool Kenshin! I havent seen that in ages! you are really tempting me with all this talk of cheap manga stores

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment