Nerts and Jazz

So, the past couple of days have been good. Sunday night, we watched Transformers. Yesterday, wasn't feeling the best, but we had fun with the card game that we play called nerts. Basically, it's solitaire with partners and opponents on something. Almost won one time.
This morning, I still wasn't feeling great. Sent off University of Mobile. Met with the team. I felt really nervous about campus ministry, for whatever reason. Prayed a lot about that. Asked God for guidance. All three of us were there, but Caleb and I decided to meet for lunch instead of all three of us being separate. Took us a while to find exactly where to sit down, but when we had, we talked to three people and that was great. Also ate with Haruka. Talked a long time with the three society majors, and we made plans to meet up again on Thursday.
After that, Caleb and I decided to scout out the English conversation club, but on the way we met up again with S. and we ended up in the jazz club with him. Eventually, I got Caleb to play piano for them, and the three in the room played their drums, sax, and guitar. After that, Caleb changed over to a bass, and they really jammed. It was fun! One of them was a philosophy major and I was able to give him a website that I thought would be good; he said he was studying Nietsche at the moment, a famous atheist philosopher.
After we all met up and went back to Tachikawa, PJ's team with some high schoolers came. We went to the arcade, because it was raining. I find that in the two times I've done it, I haven't been able to meet anyone. Not a good way(maybe if I go back to that one with DDR...)
Finished This Present Darkness. Really good read! Gave me a new perspective on spiritual battle- made it more real for me. Our prayers make a difference.

Comments

  1. It's cool to see others that know about Nerts. You should check out playnertz.com and join the National Nertz Association. There is a bunch of cool Nerts information there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment