My feet are especially tired today

This was our first real ministry day. We left the cave at 8:30 to reach Chuo University, since Tuesday and Thursday are the Tachikawa team's campus days. There was a little bit of confusion at first, but after a couple of minutes, we decided to enter, Rebekah and I first, Caleb second. I got us some maps. I love me some maps. Rebekah and I split up.
For about 45 minutes(hopefully we'll work up to an hour) we all separately prayer walked around the huge campus. I saw Caleb in the park in the west of campus, and then Rebekah showed up.
We looked at the big stage and shrine, then we decided to see what a path up a hill went to. Eventually, after passing by a couple of sports fields, we saw a steep path up the hill. Curiosity got the best of us, so all three of us climbed. There were many red torii or gates that invited us farther up. Eventually, we saw a small shrine at the top of the hill. It reminds me of God lamenting over Israel's high places, where they put offerings to the gods. We girls are all reading the same thing every week, and this week we're reading Ezekiel 1-20 and Psalms 142-3. Wandered up a random path after getting down from there-slipped on my behind. Have to wash these jeans soon.
After that, we went to a nice cafeteria near what we now know to be the music building. Sat in a six-seater with some melon ice cream near a girl doing homework. She just giggled over near her friends, but a Malaysian friend of hers did tell me where the international student building.
After finding that out, I found Caleb and Rebekah talking to a law student named Akane who was studying Karl Marx for class. Caleb was sharing the Steps to Peace with her, but he couldn't see that she didn't get any of it, he was so excited. He even wanted to give her a gospel of John, which we want to give to someone who's very interested.
Then we girls went to the cafeteria, while Caleb prayerwalked or something. We went all the way up to the fourth floor. There was a huge McD's, but I ate from the other side. I've found I like cold udon with egg, but I think I'll have to eat it only every once in a while, because I don't know how healthy it is. I was so shy, I couldn't get anyone to talk to me really. Rebekah did her own thing, too.
After that, I sat down with Rebekah in the walkway outside the cafeteria building to wait for Caleb. There are so many levels to the university. I got a random flyer from some aggressive hander-outers, and there were three girls who sat behind us, so I took that as an opportunity to talk to them. It was about a Japanese dance being performed on campus. From that, I got to meet Yukari, Haruka, and Ayane, who are first year French Literature majors. I hope to see them again. Need to e-mail them. Please pray for them.
After that, we prayerwalked Meisei University for an hour, which was right across the station. I don't know how much we should invest in it, because we weren't assigned it, but since it was just there, we couldn't resist.
After going back to Tachikawa Station, we all found a different spot to do five minute English. I found a really great one. There was a very loud, friendly guy holding up a sign for a mahjong place who talked to me a lot, even showing me the sweet spot for getting people's attention. He had on a white bandana and a nice shirt. He talked about me a lot with other Japanese, but they never came over. He was very excited, though, and in the first hour he kept on talking about my conversations with people as they came up. He found it very interesting that I live in Shibuya and came all the way out to Tachikawa. "Shibuya, Shibuya, Shibuya!"
I met a few people. A couple of older men who couldn't speak hardly anything I could understand. A woman and her friend who knew the Beatles and was going to a Simon & Garfunkle concert. Said she watched the Passion and was moved. Gave her a Hope invitation. Should have gotten her contact info. The other major person was a businessman who also had very good English. Nobu had studied a lot about the Bible already and was hungry for more studies. He gave me his business card. Asked about our denomination. I hope to see him again.
Switched off days with Rebekah, so now I'm off on Saturdays instead of Thursdays. I know I will be so tired when that day comes. All in all, a good day, full of mistakes, but I'm learning and trying to listen to the Holy Spirit. If you could pray for the people I mentioned or for more boldness and stamina, I would appreciate it.

Comments

  1. Hey, Kelsey! I just saw that there is a way to comment here (and I have a free internet connection). Keep on keepin' on, baby. God will bless your faithfulness. Mistakes are just opportunities for learning and building a plan for action in subsequent efforts. So, don't let them get you down. And you can't even see all the successes God is carrying out through you. I am proud of you! Love, Dad
    P.S. See Gmail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey kels, don't over do it, or get too tired. Remember, God sent you there to to do his work, not die from exaustion.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment