Kids' Day

Last night Kelley lent me This Present Darkness by Frank Peretti. I can tell I am really going to enjoy this book! It's about spiritual warfare in a small town. The demons and angels are described in very interesting ways: the demons as slinking, spined creatures and the angels are described just like in Daniel 8: shining, glorious, sturdy men. I can't wait to see what will happen; the first couple of chapters have already been intense.
Anyway, today our team was missing the older gentlemen from Mobile, because they were out prayerwalking instead; they thought that'd better serve the kingdom not going to the college. At the college, I stuck with a couple of the girls. We prayer walked and ate lunch on the fourth floor. I had planned to meet with my friends again, but confusion and their schedules stopped it. Maybe even spiritual warfare. I will share the gospel with them! We did manage to get a club book and were shown the English clubs. Maybe I'll meet with them.
After Angela and Jessica left for lunch with those ladies they met Tuesday, we all split up to prayer walk around the station. Also found some cool sculptures, including a bunch of African chieftains.

I saw an Indian man from Delhi who was a Muslim. Tried to tell me all gods were the same...
After 4, until about 5:40, we did five minute English. I was on the north side with three guys- Daniel, Alex, and Vincent. Really only one guy came up to me, but it was encouraging. Ryan is a junior high student who became a Christian a year ago, goes to church. Will go to Arizona. Daniel talked to a woman who had read the bible before and gave her a hope tract.
After that, I went with the UofM team to Kichijouji, where Angela had been last year. Caleb went back to the cave. We went to the eigth floor of a departmented building(it seems that a lot of restaurants are on the eighth floor of these buildings). While we were trying to decide on a restaurant, a drunk Japanese man followed us around and kept on talking to us. Eventually, by force, we decided on the sushi place. And I got them to send for the koban, not kaban(koban is police, kaban is bag)- although he left before they got there. The meal itself was great- and free- thank God for volunteer teams with hefty budgets. I had my first nice sushi of the trip. I know, it's taken me like three weeks.
Went around the electronics and game store later. It was fun! I saw a lot of very tempting puzzle games, lots of crazy complicated and interesting gundams and zoids, and even got a Sanosuke phone charm from one of those random vending machines.. Anyway, good day with the bad.

Comments