I like to move it move it!

Laying on one of the beds that Sumiyo-san bought(!) for us, using the LAN cable that Toshi-san(?) bought for me, chilling and really feeling at home. We just moved in this morning, but already the Yasudas have outdone themselves in hospitality and kindness. Rebekah and I both have our own house slippers, cups, pillows, snacks, etc. that Sumiyo bought for us. The Yasudas are wealthy and generous- a good combination, ne? Toshi does the finances for Hitachi, a very big electronics corporation, so not only does he get a lot of money, he also has gotten a lot of Hitachi tvs(we have one in our room- I'll get to actually watch legit Nihon tv!) and air conditioners for the house. Sumiyo works a part time job. I think they're at least in their 50s. Sumiyo's mother also lives with them- her area of the house is very traditional, with tatami mats and shouji doors. I hope to get to know them all well. There are also four creatures that inhabit this house: three dogs and one cat. Two of the dogs are the noisiest creatures I've ever heard, but the cat is the most graceful creature I've ever seen. It's going to be crazy. The house isn't exactly what I expected(not a bad thing at all), but I know that Rebekah and I will really enjoy ourselves here.
The past two days have been finishing up the transition phase for our team as a whole, I think. Yesterday, we got to meet the high school interns that will be joining us this summer and spend the day with them at the park. I think that Katie and Kaitlyn are going to be awesome on the Tachikawa team- they have spunk and a wigtake spirit. Caleb and Rebekah went to meet some contacts after church time, so I got to have a little more time with them than they did, but they'll be able to make up for that soon. We talked to a couple of people walking their dogs. I got to give a hope tract and John to one lady with a beagle(she didn't know too much English, so the girls didn't get to do too much). I pray she looks up the website(or has already). Also talked to two New Zealand women just staying and working a year in Japan. Seemed kinda crazy and uninterested in Christianity, but one woman had a tattoo in Maori that said "give love, get love." It's a start, I guess. We headed over to where we heard some other interns were playing basketball with some Japanese, and there I met Chiko and her friends. Nursing major, funny girl. I may never see Chiko again, because she is from Nagano, a city far away from Tokyo, but we got to exchange gifts- yay for doughnuts for the team!
Watched Boy in the Striped Pajamas last night with a few other interns. I don't know what to think of it yet. Really, I don't know if I'd recommend it.
So that brings us back to today- today, in the middle of moving(points to title), all the high school interns, college interns, and missionaries went to a river past Hachioji just to get to know each other better and have fun. Yesterday was more outward focused, while today was more inward-focused. Getting out there was so much easier from where Rebekah and I now live. Among other things, we roasted these beasts of hotdogs over a coal fire, jumped in the river, and swam against it's current.
After getting back to the station, we walked around a lot, really exploring, and then maigo ni narimashta- we were lost. Eventually, between the two of us, we found the house. Actually went running this evening. Maybe if we run a lot, we'll be more prepared to climb Fuji-san.

Comments

  1. Sounds like you've got a good thing going here. I pray its all good! i forget, wats wigtake?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are having way too much fun! : ) dad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment