Half a day of indecision, couple of hours of awesomeness


So, this morning, Rebekah had to go meet a volunteer team, so it was just me and Caleb again. We all rode on an old school train where you could sit right behind the conductor and watch him do his magic and see the tracks ahead. It was awesome, even if it didn't take us all the way to Kichijoji. Once at Tachikawa, Caleb and I did a little bit of distribution, but ran out really quickly because we found a ton of apartment complexes. Those complexes can be a little nerve-wrecking- you never know if you might be kicked out. Of course, the Japanese are very polite, so usually it's more like 'Dame desu' in a very nice voice, but you know.
We basically didn't know what to do until 3, so we just ate lunch at Saizeriya and went shopping and Starbucks(had a green tea latte). At three, we went out to do five minute English. Talked to a surgery nurse. Told her how to warn her American patients of a bump. Caleb talked to someone, too, I think. I saw a girl with a shirt that said something about God being in heaven- wish she'd stopped by.
About 30 minutes later, the team from Hachioji came and bolstered our ranks. Kit, a high school volunteer came and stood with me. It was fun! He walked up when I was in the middle of a mostly Japanese conversation with a very interesting guy(thank God for dictionaries). First of his tribe to talk to me- spiky hair, black shirt, favorite music was acid techno(let me listen to some, I showed him Andy Hunter), favorite book the necronomicon. I was kind of taken aback by the last thing. But decided to keep on and tell him about the Bible. He said he had read the book of James; said it was hard for him to understand. I really hope that he'll be interested in a Bible study. On a related note-Kit said he actually makes techno and showed me some- awesome, dude! Talked to a couple of other people, one who'd been to England. Said he stayed with a priest who got drunk new year's eve. Wow...
Found an anime store, yukata store, waited for someone who didn't show up...I hope to be able to keep up with all of the people I've met with, you know?

Comments

  1. wait...necromonicon? as in the infamous non-existent necronomicon? You meet such characters, lol and it sounds like your japanese is improving greatly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. at least it wasn't the wobacromicon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment