Free Five Minute...Japanese?

Hey, everybody. Last night was accountability and Maid in Manhattan. Good times. Someone must have been praying for me today, because I felt really good after getting to Tachikawa. Before I was feeling a little overwhelmed/homesick off and on, but talking things out put things in perspective for me. I mean, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Including this crazy summer-long Tokyo visit.
Anyway, Rebekah and I did distribution in the morning. Got a lot done, and I finally got to see more of the north side(I'd been working on the south side of the station with the Mobile team and such).
I had my first takoyaki for lunch. Takoyaki is fried squid dumplings. Very good, but mine were fresh, so I had to cool them down. We sat in starbucks. Got a lot into the word. I read out of John and got that God works in unconventional ways. We see that we only have a few fish and loaves of bread to feed thousands of people; God sees that he can multiply those as many as is needed. I know God has great plans for Japan this summer and I'm in the middle of being a part of it.
After going to the 100 yen store for some supplies, Rebekah and I did five minute English. The same English Christian from last week stopped by and talked a bit. He's fun. Gave me a couple of beautifully painted tracts(although they're all in Japanese and reallly straightforward) and random stuff he got with advertisements. Here in Japan advertisements are given out with tissues mostly, and in this case, a pen and other stuff. Stopped another girl, but I think that she didn't understand anything.
After that, we switched over to the north side of the station. A drunk-looking guy talked with me, mostly in Japanese. That was interesting. I did understand a lot, though, so it was good practice- like about how his little brother's daughter works in Dallas. I also talked with a woman with little English. One of her sentences: "I am an old woman, so I like soft music." She said her daughter was in LA, so she visited one month, and it was hard for her. Something about a supermarket. The last man I talked with was going to his kendo class. He had very good, practiced English. I told him exactly who I was, and told him about our meeting time for Bible study. I hope to see him.
Got kicked off the spot I was standing on for the second time this trip. Don'ta worry. I'll be right back on it tomorrow. I think that someone just complained about me.
Had like 3 cups of tea tonight with cookies and a pb & j. Yummy!

Comments

  1. Kelsey, it was good to hear that you had a better day! I have been praying for you!! Did you get my latest e-mail? MOM

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment