Couple of awesome days

Tuesday was a meeting day, but it was just really fun. Woke up at around 12, talked with my buds, went to meetings, hung out, watched the dance video we made the day before, talked some more. Now I feel that I'm going to be missing being around all of these crazy interns; next week Rebekah and I are going to be living with a Japanese host family in Tachikawa. I'll miss them, but at the same time, I'm excited about going. I feel like now that we've gotten through a couple of fights, we really love each other.
Today was a ministry day. Rainy. Lost my umbrella on the train; got a clear one at Chuo. Rebekah and I decided to go to campus, although we usually go on Tuesday and Thursday. After prayer walking, I saw three gaijin(foreigner)girls, and decided to ask them what they were doing. They were from the Navigators. They actually have been coming to Chuo just about the same time that we have(but they have like 5 times more people). It was really encouraging to see them. They started the 'best club,' part of it an English club on campus basically do the same thing that we do.
Bekah and I decided to head down to the Sakura Building to meet up with people.
There were people in the Christian club room, so we went in and said hi. Might come to a Bible study later. Also stopped by the jazz club meeting. Met a couple of new people, because the ones we know weren't in that day. Rebekah played piano. We also saw some guys with a piano on the floor below, so we walked up to them. More playing/opera singing. We were invited to a concert July 4th. Yaya!
Had starbucks in Tachikawa. Tried a green tea frapuccino- so nice! Talked to a couple of ladies about how we were carrying around umbrellas, but it was stinking hot and sunny outside. I think the second half of this summer is going to be very sweaty. Also had fun with a momma(married a Korean) and her 15 month old baby. Gave her a tract. She had very good English. Her accent reminded me of Sun from Lost.
We did a bit of five minute English. I had to put my back to the sun, it was so bright. For the longest time, no one came up to me. Then a high school girl came up, and we talked a looong time. I think she may have made a decision to follow Christ, but she wouldn't give me her contact information, saying she didn't have a phone or e-mail, so that was a let-down(gave her mine, though). Would you pray that Taeko would really follow through?
I also saw some familiar faces- Rai and Linchan. Rai is the acid techno DJ guy. He and I are going to meet next Saturday for Bible study. I am so excited. Pray he actually comes. I hope that Linchan will see my love for her and connects that with who I follow(she isn't really interested in the gospel).
Well, I'm going off for a retreat tomorrow morning, so there won't be any updates for a couple of days. I can't wait to get to the mountains and really relax! It's going to be so much fun.

Comments

  1. I'm proud of how far you've made it. Enjoy your retreat, you deserve some time off!! MOM

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment