Akihabara and Rainy Sunday

Saturday was a fun off day. I decided spend my day half way across the city in Akihabara, an electronics district. It was easy getting there and fun to see a part of Tokyo I'd never been in. I took the Yamanote line north to Yoyogi, then the Chuo Sobu line east to Akihabara. There's a river that runs parallel to the Chuo, and I liked looking at the fishers perched precariously on concrete pipes and the ever-thin but ever-tall riverfront buildings. The Chuo line is also much more stand-uppish- not too many seats, and a pole in the middle of the train for those who can't get a handle.
Akihabara was quite overwhelming, from the girls handing out flyers for the numerous maid cafes to the multi-storied(I'm talking like eight stories) manga shops, collectible shops, and electronics shops. I didn't really know what to look at first, so I just went with the flow, deciding not to buy the first thing I saw(as it could be cheaper elsewhere).
I had one other goal- to find some Christian church there and see what it was like. Really, it wasn't all that impressive, unfortunately. Was actually a Catholic church. I snuck around and found the sanctuary. At first, I thought a meeting hall was the sanctuary, but the sanctuary was nicer- wooden floors, an altar, pipe organ in the back, maybe.
Anyway, I shopped 'til I dropped. Saw a lot of cool, expensive stuff, and some stuff that wasn't so expensive. I ended up buying really nothing, but now at least, I know what prices to compare stuff to. In the middle of all of that, at around three, I had McDonald's and they were promoting a new Pokemon game, so there was free wifi for the DS. Too bad my computer was dead. I also got a cute pika advertisment hat thing from an electronics store.
Last night, I went to bed at around nine, but woke up a couple of hours later to find out that we were having church here at the cave, because today was rainy. So it was clean up time!
This morning, we indeed had church here. There was only one volunteer team left, so Caleb and I got them at the station and brought them back here. We've been going through Acts(I feel like I should really know Acts by the end of this summer, since that's what I was studying last semester in Campus Crusade). Had some housekeeping today; hopefully it cleared up a lot of problems for people so that we can be completely unified.
And since we didn't make any concrete plans to meet anyone for Bible study tonight, my team decided not to go all the way out there. So here I am.

Comments