Saturday (night) fever!

This was the fourth day of meetings, but it was good. So much information has passed through my ears since I've gotten here, it's crazy. The head missionary taught about fasting and challenged us to fast from secular music or something else that is very hard for you to give upthe whole summer. I still haven't figured out mine yet... He taught from Daniel 10, and used it as an example. Daniel not only prayed for guidance from God, but he also fasted, and Buddy said that it was that that brought the angel that gave him the message. He tied that with 2 Corinthians 10:"For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds." Our weapons are prayer and fasting, and most importantly, the word of God himself.
We got our accountability partners and train station teams today! I'm so excited. Just about every team is made up of three people. Caleb and Rebecca are going to be on my team. Caleb is the team leader and Rebecca is the volunteer coordinator. I am Tachikawa Eki's 'Wigtake Leader.' Wigtake is 'whatever it's going to take.' I am in charge of systematic mass distribution of info in neighborhoods near our station. I am also in charge of campus ministry! Yatta! I'm so excited about that. The university we went to yesterday(Chuo) is going to be the one we go to twice a week. Praise God! My third major responsibility is mentoring some high school interns who will come later.All of our responsibilities seem a little overwhelming at first, but I know that we will have plenty of help along the way.
Anyway, since it was raining, we cancelled going to our local parks today. I can't wait to see what ours is like next Saturday. It actually cleared up. It was cloudy all day, but not bad. It was also warmer today.
I went with Brian, Jasmin, Rachel, James, Michael, and one other to Saizeriya, the apparently amazing Italian restaurant. It was great! And big! I had a squid and anchovy pizza and some sourdough triangles of bread, because I had to have something weird. It was mostly good.



Someone found my cellphone from yesterday, but I couldn't take it with me for that outing because it was dead. It's really a nice cellphone. I hope my troubles with it will end today. Melanie, one of the missionaries, was trying to contact me all afternoon. Cara and Kat found me though- we were supposed to go to Tachikawa to do homestay orientation. Rebecca joined us at the cave and we all headed that way.
This was my first time leading others on the trains, kind of like it was my first alone. We made it just fine!
Melanie got us all cones at McDonalds(which was so full we had to try to find seating somewhere else). We ended up on the top floor of Granduo, a mall attached to the humongous train station, sitting on one of those circular couches. Orientation made my neck hurt, trying to be attentive to Melanie, but it was good.
We were going to meet up with some others for karaoke a little before six, so we just looked in a lot of the clothing stores- took pictures of some of the interesting stuff, like a brand called Sweet Camel and another called Swimmer(has nothing to do with it).
We ended up not doing karaoke, instead eating out, since we weren't meeting any Japanese. I ate with Joel and Caleb at a Ramen/Chinese shop. The dumplings were great! Too much ramen.
Looked around a grocery store, went home to Shibuya, then tagged along with others as they went to a clothing store.
I worked up the courage to call Haedan, after Sonya gave me her info. We're going to meet on Thursday. Yay!
I can't wait to go to the Kogane Park tomorrow! Maybe I'll go to an internet cafe on Monday and upload the pictures I've taken so far.

Comments

  1. I'm so excited that you get ot meet with Haedan! I'll be praying for your meeting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo squid and anchovy pizza :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment